Criterion Africa Partners
Criterion Africa Partners is a private equity firm that partners with proven management teams at growing companies to enhance productivity and create value for the benefit of all stakeholders in its key focus areas: Rehabilitation of existing plantations; downstream manufacturing and wood-based energy generation.
Typical investments range from $5 million to $30 million with a focus on catalyzing growth, increasing productivity, addressing new markets and meeting shareholder liquidity needs.
Investment criteria include:
- Motivated management teams with meaningful ownership to ensure alignment of interests
- > $5 million annual revenue with growth potential
- Strong customer relationships
- Squarely in the forestry sector - somewhere between the resource through to value creation/industrial processing and biomass energy
- Significant market opportunity